Paul W. Powell Retreat Center
Get Away From the Hustle and Bustle of Daily Life
CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Relax at our retreat center in Tyler, Tx. If you need some quiet time to pray or want to hold a family reunion in a spacious venue, check out the Retreat Center at GABC Sports and Recreation.
Located on Lake Tyler, our Retreat Center is the perfect place for you to relax, visit with friends, pray and reconnect with God and nature.
Call 903-525-1116 with questions about our Retreat Center in Tyler, TX.
The Retreat Center is available for GABC members to rent or just to enjoy for the day. The following facilities may be rented by GABC church members (GABC Member ID Card Required):
- The Lawhon Cabin
- The Motel
- The Dorm
- The Clem Cabin
- The Conference Room
- The Pavilion
- The Lodge
- Mini-Pavilion – lighted outdoor covered area app 30’x30’, restroom, BBQ grill shed, small picnic tables & chairs, ping pong table, wood burning fireplace (approved by director)
- 4 covered picnic tables each 10’x10’ and BBQ grill for each
Our Retreat Center also features a swimming area and dock, a snow-cone shack, picnic tables, charcoal BBQ grills, Outdoor Amphitheater, child’s playgroup near Pavilion, boat dock with 4 slips, basketball and volleyball courts, swim area and dock – No lifeguard on duty/swim at your own risk.
Book your stay at the Retreat Center today to relax and reconnect with those who are important in your life.
*Hours subject to change to accommodate Large Reserved Groups and GABC Functions.
The Lodge comes with a main meeting room that can seat around 100 - 125 for meals, with serving tables, and a fully equipped kitchen. There is a wonderful outside deck that overlooks beautiful Lake Tyler.
This room seats 100-125 comfortably for meals with serving tables. This room also includes flatscreen TV and DVD Player, speaker system with one microphone, fireplace with gas logs, and upright piano.
16ft. x 60ft. deck that can extend your event to the great outdoors. There is a beautiful view of Lake Tyler from this deck.
Full kitchen that includes: commercial gas range, double sink with disposal, two dishwashers, two refrigerators/freezers, microwave, ice maker, coffee maker, and various pots, pans, and utensils.
The Conference Room comes with a main meeting room that can seat 30-40 comfortably and a full kitchen. There is also an outdoor charcoal grill/smoker. This room is perfect for a staff retreat or a small family gathering.
The main meeting room can seat 30-40 comfortably. This room is perfect for a staff retreat or a small family gathering.
There is a small charcoal grill that can also be used as a smoker. The outdoor area of the conference room is a great place to have those world changing conversations.
Full kitchen with everything you need to entertain your team or your family function.
The Lawhon Cabin (capacity 6) is located by the Pavilion and boat ramp and has a wonderful view of Lake Tyler from the front deck. This 2 bedroom 1 bath cabin has a full kitchen and an outdoor BBQ grill and is perfect for a family getaway. You will need to bring linens, pillows, towels, and personal toiletries.
The Lawhon Cabin is nestled in the woods of the Retreat Center on the park side. The cabin overlooks the boat ramp and docks.
The deck overlooks beautiful Lake Tyler and is a great place for a morning cup of coffee.
This bedroom has 2 bunk beds and a small desk.
The kitchen has an electric range and oven, double sink, refrigerator/freezer, microwave, coffee maker, and various pots, pans, and utensils.
The living room has a fold out sleeper couch and various chairs.
The master bedroom has a queen size bed.
The Clem Cabin (capacity 6) is located on the motel side of the retreat right next to the conference room. This cabin gives you direct access to the prayer garden, small fishing dock, playground, and Lake Tyler. You will need to bring linens, pillows, towels, and personal toiletries.
The Clem cabin is located on the Motel side of the Retreat.
The kitchen has an electric range and oven, double sink, refrigerator/fridge, microwave, coffee maker, and various pots, pans, and utensils.
The living room has a couch and various chairs.
The master bedroom has 1 queen size bed.
The guest bedroom has 2 bunk beds that sleeps 4.
The Motel (capacity 3 per room) is located behind gate 3 and is at the center of our event facilities. Each room has a queen and twin bed and every two rooms can adjourn to become a suite. The back of the motel has multiple family friendly fun zones.
The back of the Motel gives a great view of Lake Tyler.
The Motel has plenty of parking and has a great rustic feel to it.
There is a brand new wrap around porch that gives a panoramic view of the Retreat Center.
Each Motel room has 1 queen and 1 twin size bed and a small bathroom.
The Dorm is one building with two equal sides that can be setup as a boys side and a girls side that can sleep 32 on each side. The covered concrete patio on the front is great for group hangout time.
The dorm is located right across from the conference room and is perfect for group retreats.
There are 4 rooms with a total of 64 beds.
There are 2 bathrooms with 2 toilets, 2 showers, and 3 sinks in each one.
The Pavilion is located on the shores of Lake Tyler and is perfect for large group events. You are in sight of the boat ramp, swim area, playground, basketball court, sand volleyball court, covered charcoal BBQ shed 12’x12’, and a large fire pit.
Includes 6 each 15 ft. picnic tables with benches on both sides and 6 each 8 ft rectangle folding tables with app. 25 chairs.
The Pavilion is in a perfect location with beautiful Lake Tyler on one side and multiple actives surrounding it.
Small preparation room with one double sink, storage lockers, and refrigerator/freezer. Large portable cooling fan available during the summer months.
Covered outdoor BBQ area.
Available for general use by GABC members (GABC Member ID Card Required) and Reserved Guests of the Retreat
Basketball and Volleyball
Concrete Basketball Court with goals on each end and a sand volleyball court with regulation net.
Outdoor Fire Pit (Approval from Director REQUIRED)
7 metal picnic tables with a attached benches on both sides and small charcoal BBQ grills nearby (located between the pavilion and shoreline)
Childs Playground with swings, seesaws, slides and etc.
Concrete Boat Ramp (Annual Permit Required to launch each watercraft-purchased from Director’s office)
Sno Cone Shack
Sno Cone Shack available with approval of the Director during the summer only.
Swim area and dock – No lifeguard on duty- swim at your own risk
POLICIES, RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Only a married couple (man & woman) will be permitted to stay overnight together in a cabin or motel room in compliance to the bylaws of the GABC Church constitution.
- Fire Marshall regulations limit number of overnight guests in each facility.
- Each group is to leave facilities as clean as they found them.
- The Retreat Center does not furnish linens, pillows, soap or personal items.
- Furniture and equipment are not to be removed from any building without the expressed permission of the camp director.
- No cooking is allowed on the wooden decks of the hotel or lodge.
- No pets or any animals inside the facilities or outside on the Retreat grounds.
- Cutting of trees, shrubs or other plant life is prohibited.
- NO alcoholic beverages, fireworks, firearms, pets, and smoking are permitted on Retreat Center property.
- No ATV or any motorized vehicles allowed on the grounds unless authorized by the director.
- All injuries and illnesses are to be reported immediately to camp director.
- Automobiles are to be parked in designated areas only and are not permitted in the grass area.
- Campfires are prepared by the camp director in designated areas only and must be requested at least three days in advance of the day needed. You will be responsible for extinguishing them in a safe manner.
- Any group or person refusing to cooperate with these policies will be asked to leave the grounds and no refund will be issued. You may be suspended from use of the Retreat
- You may be charged additional fees for any destruction to the buildings, property, bedding or equipment by any individual in your group. This also includes any moving of furniture, nail holes in walls, tape applied to walls or ceiling and paint on table and floor.
- You may be charged for the loss of room keys or any other keys provided for your group by the director. Please be respectful of other people who may be utilizing the Retreat Center the same time that you are here.
- Please do not use any of the buildings other than the ones that you have rented.
- Church Policy Applies
Want to be more involved?
SIGN UP TO VOLUNTEER IN THE GABC RECREATION MINISTRY